This post is sponsored by a wonderfully helpful app, Ourpact. All opinions are my own.
Manage Your Child’s Technology Use with OurPact – The New Parental Control App! #ad
Do your kiddos use technology? I’m guessing the answer to that is a resounding, “Yes!”. My boys are 2.5 and 5 years old and use technology daily. Sometimes I think they know more about using our iPad then I do! But, I also like to limit them on how much they get to use that technology. Luckily, at their ages, it’s not too difficult. I give them a warning with a time limit and then we turn it off, but I know it may not always be that easy. That’s where the new app – OurPact – comes in!
OurPact is an easy to use, iOS application that was created to help parents guide the mobile habits of their children, as well as teach responsibility through technology. After conducting hundreds of hours of research with child professionals and then teaming up with parents and industry experts, the OurPact team carefully constructed an essential application that keeps the functionality of family life in mind.
OurPact isn’t just a parental control tool, but family guidance like never seen before. This simple app gives parents to power to:
- Schedule Internet and App use according to your child’s daily routine, and among the weekdays or weekend.
- Set the number of hours your children spend on the Internet and within Apps.
- Block Internet and Apps atatouch.
- Allow Website and App access, whenever you feel your child “needs more time”, atatouch.
- Block all apps (eg. Facebook, SnapChat, Intagram, Twitter, etc.), as you see fit.
In addition, OurPact provides recommendations:
- Based on child research we can recommend the best Internet and App blocking schedules for your child’s specific age.
- With the help of industry experts and child development professionals, Ourpact has the ability to tailor appropriate guidelines and tips specifically for each member of your family, allowing optimal parental control and guidance.
And, to go one step further, there is a NEW Allowance feature. This enables parents to determine a set number of hours per day that their children may access Internet and applications from their devices. Allowances are not available during blocked schedule periods, and can vary from day to day. So, for example, if your child has openings in his or her schedule between 7-8am and 6-9pm, but they are only give two hours of allowance to use, they will be able to use two hours of internet/app time anytime between the four permitted hours of 7-8am and 6-9pm, but once their allowance is used up, even if they have remaining ‘open schedule’ time, their access will be blocked.
Allowances are confined to individual daily use and refreshed for the next day at midnight. If you have extra allowance remaining and the device is being used at midnight, the excess allowance will become null and the next days allowance will begin to deplete.
I have already downloaded the app and can’t wait to be able to use it with my boys as they get older and want more technology time. You can download the app to your apple mobile device HERE.