Target Shopping 101
Target is one of my favorite places to shop, and the deals lately have been amazing! This post is here to help you learn to the best, money saving person when shopping at Target!
The first thing that comes to mind is using coupons (duh!). Be sure to read up on their coupon policy here. There are more details there, but know that Target allows you to use one manufacturer coupon and one Target store coupon on an item. I always like to keep a copy of this with me when shopping or have easy access to it on my phone in case I run into an issue when checking out. And, I suggest you do, too!
So, you’ll also want to be able to print out Target store coupons here. Now, keep in mind that NOT ALL of the coupons you see here are Target store coupons. They have thrown in some manufacturer coupons as well (Go here to see where you can find more manufacturer coupons.). In general, if the coupon says “with the purchase of”, it is a Target store coupon. If it doesn’t say anything or it says “when you buy”, it is a manufacturer coupon.
Target also has Target Mobile Coupons. Just sign up to receive coupon alerts and download the Target app to your phone. These work just like Target store coupons, except you don’t have anything to print and clip. 🙂 The cashier will scan the barcode right on your phone. And, they put out some awesome fruit and veggie coupons plus more!
Target Cartwheel is another awesome way to save! These can be used in addition to your Target Mobile and Printable coupons as well as your manufacturer coupons. Talk about stacking the savings. Target Cartwheel offers are applied AFTER Target Coupons and BEFORE manufacturer coupons. You will need to double check the limit on each item, but most offers are available on a maximum of four items. So, if you buy five Heinz Ketchup, and use a Cartwheel offer for 5% off Heinz ketchup, the discount will only be applied to four of the five items.
Here’s how you use Target Cartwheel:
- Create an account and download the app on your smartphone.
- Add offers to your Cartwheel. (complete tasks to get more slots available)
- Take your smartphone or printed Cartwheel list to the store.
- At checkout, show the cashier your barcode, and you will save on all the offers on your Cartwheel.
As of July 2014, you can now redeem SavingStar offers at Target as well! Here’s what you need to do to redeem:
- Go to your App Store on your smartphone and download the SavingStar App
- Select offers on web or mobile (including the Healthy offer of the Week and the Freebie Offer)
- Scan receipt with app.
- Get cash in your SavingStar account. (Note: This could take from 2 – 22 days depending on redemption method and store. **Be sure to keep your receipt in case you have a discrepancy.)
- Cash out once your account reaches $5
In addition to these savings options, there are three other ways to save at Target.
1. Target has a price matching policy. I will be the first to admit that I have not used this (yet!), but it may interest you so I want you to be sure and know about it. Have you used it?
2. Bring your re-usable bags when you are shopping and Target will give you 5 cents for each bag you use! Now, 5 cents doesn’t seem like a lot, but every penny adds up, right?
3. Sign up for the Target REDCard. There is a debit or credit card version available, and what I LOVE is that the debit card links directly to my account I already have set up. So, nothing new to worry about. PLUS, cardholders save an additional 5% off each purchase and qualify for FREE shipping when shopping online.
I hope this gets you just a little excited about shopping at Target because I LOVE it!
Now, go check out all the TARGET deals on Become a Coupon Queen.