Buttery Diced Potatoes Side Dish
I love potatoes – mashed, baked, fried, grilled – pretty much anyway you can make a potato, I want to eat it. When I lived with my parents, we would dice potatoes and put them in foil with butter, onions, salt and pepper and put them on the grill. I’m especially fond of the bites that get just a little crunchy. 🙂
Since it’s too cold to grill right now, I decided I would try the same way in the oven. Now I have my Buttery Diced Potatoes Side Dish! This is really super easy, but something you may not have thought of. So, here’s what I did:
- 3 potatoes (cubed or diced)
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion diced
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning and/or spices of your choosing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray inside of baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash and chop potatoes and dice onions. I use the Tupperware PRO Quick Chef Food Chopper to chop my onions and love it!
- Add potatoes, onions, margarine/butter, and spices to dish. (You can use a variety of spices – salt, pepper, garlic, italian seasoning, rosemary – whatever your family likes).
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
We used this as a side to a BBQ/Raspberry Chicken and green beans a few nights ago, but it really goes with anything.
What’s your favorite way to eat potatoes?