We have all seen chocolate covered strawberries, but how about Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries? Check out the other Recipes we’ve posted.
Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I personally love this little spin on traditional chocolate covered strawberries. Your kids will love them, too, and they’ll have a blast helping you make them! This is a fun way to spend time with the kiddos while making a delicious treat for Valentine’s Day!
- Pint of Strawberries
- 1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips (Optional for drizzle)
- Marshmallow Crème
Make it easier on yourself by ordering the ingredients for pickup at Target!
1. Pull the stem off your strawberries and slice, in half, down the middle. Use a small knife to cut out the middle of each half. Place on waxed or parchment paper.
2. Stick a toothpick through the middle of each half to attach them.
3. Spread marshmallow creme into each half. (Note: Be sure your strawberries are pretty dry so that the marshmallow creme will stick to the berry easier. You can use a paper towel to do this.)
4. Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring at each interval, to melt the chips. You can also add a small amount of oil to your chips if you would like a smoother texture. I added a dab of coconut oil.
6. Dollop the chocolate onto the strawberries and marshmallow. Carefully use a small knife or spoon to spread the chocolate so that it pours over the sides and into the creases so that the strawberries will be “stuck” together when the chocolate hardens.
7. Once the red chocolate hardens, pick up chocolate covered strawberry and shake off excess.
Find more recipes on Become a Coupon Queen including Carnival Cruise Ships Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe and Classic Cheesecake Recipe.
Leave a Reply