What is Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co–op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. Have you ever been a part of a food co–op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature. Buying via a food co–op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
This program is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods. They are a nationwide meat co–op. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1–4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of log-in will vary depending on the month!
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car. You pull–up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It’s convenient! You can read about my first Zaycon Fresh experience HERE in November 2014. Since that time, 99% of my meat is purchased through Zaycon Fresh including chicken breasts, 93/7 ground beef, pork tenderloins, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloing! I love having a freezer full of quality meat to choose from. Food pick-up is becoming extremely popular for busy families and moms – Zaycon was doing it first!
- They have a great reputation, high rating, including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
And, did you know this about Zaycon Fresh?? I’m so glad to be able to support a company like this.
Zaycon Fresh gives a free case of product to every church and/or location address of every parking lot we use for events, for every event?! We are so grateful for those who have graciously allowed us to use their lots. Even better, we have found out that many (esp. Churches) then take that case of free product and use it to bless the lives of others in need. It’s great to be part of a company that facilitates the spirit of giving and service!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
- Visit the Zaycon Fresh website and register or log in.
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information (and any promo codes – just search Zaycon Fresh on BecomeACouponQueen.com).
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time!