When I was a kid, we used to visit my grandparent’s every other weekend. One of the things I remember about our time with her, we would make homemade donuts in her deep fryer. We don’t have a deep fryer, but I have started doing this on the stovetop and my boys love it! I used to watch a few neighbor kids before school, and it became our tradition to have homemade donuts on their late start days. The best part is that it’s SO easy!
- 1 can Pillsbury Biscuits
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter
- powdered sugar
- Fill a skillet about 1/3 full of vegetable oil on stovetop. Melt butter in microwave.
- As the oil is heating up, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces or use the Donut Cookie Cutter (This is what we used to use with my grandma!). I have also used a tall, skinny shot glass to make a whole in the center.
- Once the oil is heated, drop biscuit pieces into it and watch. Once browned, flip over. When finished, place them on a paper towel covered plate.
- Fill two bowls – one with a cinnamon-sugar mixture, another with powdered sugar
- Dip donuts into butter followed by cinnamon-sugar or powdered sugar