If you haven’t shopped Amazon for long (but love it!) or have been shopping Amazon for a while but haven’t gotten your Amazon Prime Membership yet, now may be the time! See more Amazon Deals on Become A Coupon Queen.
Amazon Prime Benefits and Membership Options (including a FREE trial)
Amazon Prime is a monthly or annual membership that gives you the following benefits:
- FREE Shipping as fast as SAME DAY on millions of items – no more spending $25 to get FREE shipping (Hint: You can share this with up to 4 people! My husband and I share a membership so he can get FREE shipping on his account.)
- Get exclusive access to deals and discounts before anyone else with 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals.
- Save up to 20% on diapers, eligible items on an Amazon Baby Registry, and get member-exclusive coupons on family-centric products.
- Exclusive deals at Whole Foods Market and 5% back with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
- Instant streaming of thousands of Amazon Originals, movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- Bonus games, free in-game loot and a monthly channel subscription on Twitch.
- Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs in the Amazon Music store.
- FREE Two-Day Delivery on prescriptions from Amazon Pharmacy, plus exclusive savings.
- Read as much as you want from over a thousand books, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, and more for FREE with Prime Reading.
- Try clothes before you buy with Prime Wardrobe. You can choose up to 8 items and only pay for what you keep. Return what you don’t like for FREE.
My favorite of these is the FREE Fast Shipping. Say it’s just a few days before a birthday party and you forgot to pick up a gift. You don’t have time to run out to the store and search for a gift so you can just get on Amazon, order the gift and have it shipped to you or directly to the recipient. When my cousin had a new baby and lived 1,000 miles from me, it was nice to be able to send a gift directly to them from Amazon – no waiting for the gift to get to my house, no hassle with wrapping it up and finding a box to mail it in, no trip to the post office and no additional shipping charge!
I also really like the instant streaming! If you are looking to cut your cable bill, this is a great alternative. We cancelled our cable over 8 years ago and haven’t looked back. With Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Instant Video, you can pretty much see all the shows you are watching on TV.
So, how much does it cost?
You can actually sign up for a 30-day FREE trial to Amazon Prime before you commit to a membership. Go HERE to get started.
Then, once your 30-days is up, you will automatically be charged the one-year membership price of $119 (or $12.99 per month) for your Amazon Prime membership to continue. OR, you can cancel before your 30-days is up and not be charged at all. This give you a little more time to make sure it’s right for you.
ALL memberships include the benefits listed above, but Amazon also has special membership options for students and those on government assistance.
Students can get their first 6 months FREE and then pay just $49 per year. Students also have some additional benefits including special deals and promotions for students. Go HERE to see all the details for an Amazon Student membership.