Meijer Shopping 101 is all about how to save the most money while shopping at Meijer. You should familiarize yourself with the Meijer coupon policy which was last updated October 2013.
Before shopping at Meijer, there are two things I want to point out from their coupon policy:
- Meijer will accept competitor coupons from Food Retailers or Mass Merchandise Retailers.
- If the value of a coupon is more than the price of the item after discounts or other coupons have been applied, the value of the coupon will be applied up to the reduced price of the item.
The first thing you will want to do if you plan on shopping at Meijer is to create an mPerks account. Once you create your account, you can sign in online or use the Meijer Mobile App to access your account. Use your phone number and passcode every time you check out to redeem your offers. Within this account, there are multiple ways to save.
- Clip digital coupons. Clip coupons for your favorite products. Most coupons here are manufacturer coupons, but sometimes we will see Meijer store coupons as well, so you have to watch. If you clip a Meijer coupon, keep in mind that you can use an additional manufacturer coupon for added savings. Also note that you will see “No Thanks” in the lower right hand corner of a coupon. You can click this if you don’t want to see coupons for this product again. I, personally, don’t select that just in case I might want it in the future. There are also times when Meijer will give out a special code for a deep discount or freebie. You will login to your mPerks account, click on “coupons” and enter the code in the Offer Code Box in the upper right hand corner.
- Personalized Rewards. Each month you can select a variety of rewards to earn. They are typically a dollar amount off your purchase when you buy a specified amount in a particular area of the store. For example, one of my options this time was $5 off your shopping trip after you spend $20 or more in Beauty Care & Cosmetics. Click as many of the rewards as you wish. I usually select them all. When you enter your mPerks account at checkout, it will automatically be applied to one of these offers. You can even login and see how close you are to earning your reward.
- Pharmacy Rewards. After you fill five perscriptions, you will earn one credit. Then, redeem your credit for 5% off your total Grocery & Health and Beauty Care purchase, $0.50 off per gallon of fuel at the fuel station, or $10 off your total purchase of $10 or more. I have earned this a few times and always pick the $10 off your total purchase – it’s the best deal.
- Baby Rewards. Spent $100 on baby items to earn one credit. For each credit earned, you can redeem it for a $10 off your total purchase of $10 or more mPerks coupon.