Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
If you are looking for an easy, make ahead breakfast casserole, this is it! This Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole can be prepped the night before you want to eat it or weeks prior and frozen. If you choose to freeze and eat later, all you need to do is thaw and following the cooking instructions below.
1lb breakfast sausage, browned
5 slices bread, cut into cubes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
- Brown sausage, drain and layer in bottom of glass 9×13 pan
- Place cubed bread on top of sausage
- Layer with one cup cheese
- Blend eggs, milk, and salt. Pour over cheese. You will want to make sure all of the bread is soaked in the egg/milk mixture.
- Spread 2nd cup of cheese on top. *Note: You may not need the full two cups of cheese. I just look at it and spread the cheese until it’s covered.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or cover and freeze.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (If baking from frozen, thaw first.)
This is my “go-to” recipe when we have people in town or if I need to take breakfast anywhere. It’s easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand.