I posted yesterday’s Aldi shopping trip on the blog and got some nice feedback and, surprisingly, some of you have not shopped there! Before I started couponing and really watching our budget, I never shopped there either so it shouldn’t have been a surprise. But for some reason, it was. Anyway, I LOVE shopping at Aldi for a number of reasons, but there are a few things you need to know about shopping at Aldi before you go.
1. Bring a quarter. You will need a quarter to be able to use their shopping cart. Carts are stored next to the building, just insert your quarter, shop and get your quarter back when you return the cart. You can find quarter keepers for your key ring HERE.
2. Bring your own bags. There are no baggers at Aldi and the cashier’s just load your items right back into a cart. You will want to bring your own reusable bags or you can buy paper or plastic bags in the store. You can also use empty boxes that you find throughout the store.
3. Payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card. In case you thought they only took cash like they used to, as of March 2016, they now accept credit cards!
4. Aldi does not accept coupons. However, there are a number of cash back apps you can use to make your savings even greater including Checkout 51!
In addition to these facts, here are my personal reasons for loving Aldi:
1. The prices! A number items are priced less than you can get even after coupon at some stores. You can see some of my purchases HERE.
2. The carts! You may have seen me post a while back about how I love the big shopping carts at Sam’s Club that I can actually put both of my kids in with no problem. Yep, Aldi has these, too! There is space for two kiddos to sit plus lots of room for groceries.
3. The time! I can be in and out of stop at Aldi in 30 minutes or less (usually way less). That’s hard to come by at Target, Meijer, Kroger, etc, mainly because there just isn’t that much to browse. Each store is only 4-5 aisles.