Are you looking for a new recipe to try with the overripe bananas sitting on your counter? I’ve got an easy recipe for Cinnamon Banana Muffins using a box cake mix. I always make the same Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread with my bananas, but I decided to try something different this time and use up a box cake mix from my stockpile. These turned out great – my boys have almost devoured them for breakfast the last couple mornings.
- Box Cake Mix (yellow or white)
- 3 small, overripe bananas smashed
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Additional sugar and cinnamon for top
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour smashed bananas and cake mix into stand mixer and mix completely.
- Add 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon to mixture and continue to mix.
- Scoop into mini muffin tin or regular size muffin tins with cupcake liners. I love to use my small scoop for the mini muffins and a medium scoop for the regular size muffins.
- Mix more sugar and cinnamon in a separate dish and sprinkle on muffins.
- Bake mini muffins for approximately 15 minutes or regular size muffins for 18 minutes. Watch closely and test with toothpick to ensure done.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
For whatever reason, my boys tend to eat the mini muffins up more quickly than a regular size muffin.
Looking for more recipes using ripe bananas? Check out these 25 Banana Recipes. You may also like these breakfast options – Cinnamon Monkey Bread, my Grandma’s Zucchini Bread or Muffins, or our version of Homemade Donuts!