I am an official ambassador for Chicken of the Sea. Chicken of the Sea provided me with Flavored Salmon Pouches for the purpose of this post as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
Chicken of the Sea Salmon Cakes with Lemon Caper Arugula Salad + Coupon!
About two months ago, I decided it was time to lose the last 15 pounds of baby weight from my twin pregnancy. I had already been back to CrossFit for seven weeks and the scale wasn’t budging. That’s when I knew I needed to make some changes to my diet. I’ve lost weight before using the Weight Watchers program and Spark People, but I wasn’t weight training back them. My friend and co-owner of the box I work out at has done a lot of research and tested multiple nutrition programs over the past few years. When I saw the changes the latest nutrition program made with my friend, I knew I needed to ask for her recommendation to lose this weight.
In mid-November, I started logging my food in the My Fitness Pal app. My friend adjusted my calories and gave me goals for protein, carbohydrates and fat. I quickly realized that I was not eating nearly enough protein and overloading on carbs. When I was on the search for foods loaded with protein but low in carbs and fat, I discovered salmon.
These delicious Salmon Cakes with Lemon Caper Arugula Salad are a great option if you are looking for a meal high in protein.
3 Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Pink Salmon Pouches
¼ cup finely diced onion
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup crushed Blue Diamond Smokehouse Nut-Thins, crackers or breadcrumbs of choice
1 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
pinch of Kosher salt
½ cup panko bread crumbs
¼ cup olive oil, for frying
- Combine all ingredients, except for panko, in a bowl.
- Equally divide mixture into 4 cakes, approximately 3 inches wide. Set on platter.
- Place panko into a shallow dish.
- Carefully place each salmon cake into the panko and press lightly so the panko sticks. Flip over and repeat on other side.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the salmon cakes and cook for 3 minutes and then flip over and cook on the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
Lemon Caper Arugula Salad*
*Recipe adapted from here.
2 cups Arugula
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons grated onion
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of salt
- Whisk all ingredients, except for arugula, in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over arugula and toss to combine.
Top each salmon cake with Lemon Caper Arugula Salad and lemon wedges for garnish. Enjoy!
Find the Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Flavored Salmon Pouches at your local Kroger store. And, be sure to print this Buy one Chicken of the Sea Flavored Salmon Pouch, Get one FREE coupon!