This recipe is a much lighter version than traditional primavera recipes that have heavy cream and lots of butter in them. Neufchatel Cheese is basically reduced fat cream cheese. If you don’t specifically see neufchatel at the store just buy the reduced fat cream cheese. It’s the same stuff. Many store brands won’t call it neufchatel either.
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. Light Italian Dressing
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus (1-inch lengths)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile cook chicken in large skillet with a swirl of olive oil. Once chicken is done remove from pan then heat dressing in the same large skillet on medium heat. Add vegetables; cook until just tender stirring frequently.
3. Add broth, chicken and Neufchatel; cook 1 min. or until Neufchatel is melted, stirring constantly. Stir in Parmesan.
4. Drain pasta; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or basil just before serving for a little something extra!
Serve and Enjoy!
There are so many different things you can do with this recipes. Play around with different veggies, add some mushrooms, make it meatless as a side dish.