Yum-a-Setta Casserole (A Family Favorite)
Are you looking for a comfort food recipe? A recipe that will be enough for two meals? Then, you need to try Yum-a-Setta Casserole! I have no idea where this name came from, but it’s a recipe my mom made when I was little. It dirties more dishes than I would like, but it’s not a difficult recipe at all. And, you can prep, cook and have it on the table in an hour so not impossible for a weeknight.
2lbs Hamburger (add salt and pepper to taste)
1/4 Onion (chopped, optional)
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
10.75oz can Tomato Soup
10.5oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
12-16oz package Egg Noodles
4-8oz Shredded Cheese (I use a white/yellow mix like Colby Jack.)
- Heat water to boiling in a large pot on stovetop.
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger with salt, pepper, and onion until cooked.
- Add brown sugar and tomato soup to cooked hamburger and mix well.
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water until soft. Drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles and mix well.
- In a 9×13 baking dish or large baking dish, add hamburger mixture then noodle mixture then cheese. You will have enough for at least two layers with cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I love SO much about this casserole. First, it can feed a crowd. Just pair it with your favorite fruit or vegetable and salad! Second, it’s has a little sweet taste from the brown sugar which makes it SO unique! And, lastly, the cheese on top gets just a little crunchy which changes up the texture. YUM!
Want to lighten this up? Use 90/10 (or leaner) ground beef/turkey, use the 12 oz bag of noodles, and use less cheese.
Looking to make this two meals? Use two smaller baking dishes. If the dishes are more shallow, you can just make it with one layer.
Want to freeze it for later or to give to a friend? Stop just before you would put it in the oven. Check out just one option of doing your own freezer meal group.
Let us know if you try it and what you think!
See more recipes on Become a Coupon Queen including: