BBQ Chicken Pizza
We don’t make homemade pizza very often, but when I find myself with leftover chicken, BBQ Chicken Pizza is the first thing that comes to mind! This is perfect if you have a rotisserie chicken, too. And, I always have all the ingredients in the house so I don’t to make a trip to the store.
I start with my friend, Jamie’s, crust from Five Wooden Spoons that I have mentioned here – super easy!
- 2¼ cup flour – white/wheat/combo
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- ¼ cup + ½ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar or alternative sweetener
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce (We love Sweet Baby Ray’s!)
- Diced or shredded Chicken (pre-cooked)
- Shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheeses
- Combine and mix ½ cup of warm water and sugar. Dissolve yeast in sugar water mix and let stand for a minimum of 5 minutes. Put flour and salt in the food processor and blend in oil, ½ cup of water, and yeast mixture. Process until a sticky ball forms. Transfer dough into a mixing bowl oiled or sprayed with PAM. Cover and let rice until doubled – about 1 to 1 and ½ hours).
- Preheat oven to 500 with pizza stone inside. Roll dough flat on a floured surface until 14 inches in diameter. Place on a pizza palate that is sprinkled with cornmeal and poke holes in crust with fork. Slide the crust into the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite BBQ sauce, diced chicken, and cheese.
- Reduce the oven temp to 425 degrees and cook for another 5-7 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
My boys love to help in this kitchen, and this is a recipe that they can help with! Great family bonding time.