Cheesy Beef and Rice Casserole
The other night I wanted to make something new, but I didn’t have time to go to the store. Thanks to couponing, I have a decent stockpile and was able to put this Cheesy Beef and Rice Casserole together. I knew my family would love it – we love anything cheesy!
1lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 tsp garlic powder
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup frozen or 1 can corn (or a veggie of your choosing)
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
salt, pepper, oregano
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic powder
- Add tomato sauce, corn, rice, broth, and 1 cup cheese and simmer about 3 minutes
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Top with 1 cup cheese and return to oven.
- Bake 15 minutes allowing cheese to melt.
- Remove and enjoy!
It was delicious! Our family ate every bite including my two-year old and four-year old. That’s impressive!