Have you had Biscuits and Gravy? I know this is probably hard to believe, but I never had it until I graduated from college! My first full-time job was doing sales in the hotel industry. My co-workers loved when biscuits and gravy (or B’s and G’s as it was referred to) were on the breakfast buffet. I wasn’t much of a fan for white gravy so I never tried them.
We had friends staying with us one weekend and the wife made them as part of our breakfast. Oh my goodness! Why didn’t I try them sooner?! They were DELICIOUS!
Of course, she made them without following a true “recipe” or maybe she made them so often she was able to do it from memory. That just meant that when I tried to make them again, I could never get the right consistency, or we would taste the flour in the gravy (yuck). Then, I found a recipe in a magazine (sorry – I can’t remember which one!) that helped me get the right measurements. I don’t follow their directions exactly the way they shared so I’m sharing with you what I do.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 lb pork sausage roll
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Heat oven and cook refrigerated biscuits as directed on the package.
- While the biscuits are cooking, brown the pork sausage in a skillet on the stove. Do not drain.
- Add flour and milk to the sausage.
- Heat to a low boil stirring often.
- Once it has thickened, add pepper to taste and serve immediately over biscuits.
Are you ready to add biscuits and gravy to your breakfast menu?